Sunday, November 11, 2012

Omnomnom

As I write this post, I am eating the most delicious meal I have eaten in about a month. It's nothing special: some Asian-inspired meatballs and rice with teriyaki sauce from Budget Bytes. So why is it so delectable? Because for the first time in over a month, I got to cook on a stove instead of in my crock pot and wash dishes in a kitchen sink instead of my bathroom sink.
Yeah, it was that good.
Yep, the kitchen remodel is so close to finished that I can use it! There are a few cabinets that I can't use because the refrigerator is too tall, but it all works and I am l.o.v.i.n.g. it. The builders will be back tomorrow to fix everything and hopefully by the middle of the week, the interior will be completely done. Now I just need the washer and dryer to be up and running and I'll be fully functioning again.
And apart from getting my kitchen back, I started work on a pair of socks for Giftmas and Nerd Wars. It's the Scylla pattern (Rav link) and is meant to be knit in a variegated yarn, but I'm loving the textured look that knitting it in a solid color gives.
Tomorrow I'm off to pick up even more Thanksgiving supplies, including our honey baked ham. Fingers crossed that the new refrigerator is in place by the time I get home because if it's not, I'm not sure where I'm going to put the ham!

No comments:

Post a Comment